Hagar’s Sisters is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant. As a trusted church partner we would love to have your help in getting the word out about this very important position in our organization.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position that supports and reports to the President.
The Executive Assistant will work from the office in Acton. Position requirements include:
• Deep love and commitment to God, a desire to use your talents and skills to glorify Him.
• Strong sense of compassion for, and motivation to serve survivors of domestic abuse.
• Significant knowledge of Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and using a database and email.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to exercise discretion and responsible judgment in managing confidential information.
• An ability to:
1. Greet those contacting the organization with warmth and professionalism.
2. Organize information and events with great attention to detail.
3. Find effective solutions for problems that arise.
4. Interact with and manage volunteers with enthusiasm, flexibility and a positive attitude.
5. Assess office systems and make recommendations for improvements.
6. Manage projects and work independently to proactively move projects forward to closure.
7. Embrace change with patience and grace.
Targeted responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supporting President and Program Manager through tasks such as writing, editing and producing correspondence and documents, data tracking and management reporting, scheduling, and preparing for meetings.
• Overseeing technical functionality of the office by working with IT Director to troubleshoot technical problems and to leverage technology to improve the efficiency of the office.
• Desktop support to employees and volunteers in the office.
• Assisting the President with volunteer interaction by handling initial correspondence with new volunteers, conducting CORI checks, tracking and entering existing volunteer timesheets, coordinating volunteer information and volunteer appreciation events.
• Managing the general office activities such as incoming phone inquiries, incoming email, tracking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed, interacting with property management to resolve issues, making bank deposits, picking up and sorting mail and filing.
• Overseeing the accuracy and format of the data in the database, running reports, entering data, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the use of the technology.
• Supporting Hagar’s Sisters programs by sending email blasts, tracking registration and attendance, scheduling meeting rooms and tabulating pre and post-course questionnaires.
• Managing special mailings by ordering printed materials and supplies, coordinating volunteers, interacting with Post Office and updating database based on returned mail.
• Working with President to plan, implement and run special events for donors and volunteers.
• Creating new and improving existing internal systems and writing associated procedures.
• Anticipating and responding to potential gaps.
• Attending domestic violence training.
• Conducting special projects as requested by the President which can include research and a variety of other projects.